Monday, June 3, 2013

Peace Out Okstupid


After 6 long years, I think it's time to say good-bye to okcupid. I remember the exact day I joined the website my sophmore year of college. I was at a sorority dance (yes, you heard correct) and overheard a group of girls talking about how they had all met their current boyfriends on a website called okcupid. Being the curious student that I was, I figured why the hell not? It's free. What have I got to lose?

Well, it wasn't as black and white as I had hoped. I'll spare everyone the gruesome details and just say that I met probably more weirdos than I ever thought existed in the state of Illinois, had MANY horrific dates, had a few quality relationships, and more importantly, made a few really amazing friendships of whom I can still count on today when I need a shoulder to cry on or just a great guy to hang out with.

In the end, I'm glad that I joined the site because it made me realize what I want in a guy. I'm tired of guys that don't treat me with the respect I deserve and simply think its fun to jump around from girl to girl. I want a guy that has his priorities in order and will treat me with the respect that I intend to give him.

Since graduating from college, my views on life have dramatically changed and I think that's part of just well, growing up. And while okcupid was "interesting" to say the least, I'm ready for someone more stable. So cheers to 6 interesting years, unfortunately I don't think I'm going to miss you!

-Lauren

No comments: